For the month of February we are going to learn nutritional and fun facts about chickens. Did you know:
- Each ounce of chicken has 7 grams of protein
- Hens "talk" to their chicks while they are still inside the egg
- Chicken is a rich source of vitamin B3 and vitamin B6
- A hen rolls her eggs about 50 times a day in her nest
- Chickens can recognize different people
- Chicken is a rich source of the mineral niacin. Niacin helps release energy from carbohydrates.
- Chickens live about 5-10 years