For the month of February we are going to learn some fun facts about grains.
Did you know:
- Grain foods are healthy. Any food made with wheat, rice, or pasta is considered a grain.
- Grains are important because they provide our bodies with carbohydrates - a nutrient that gives us energy
- Whole grain foods have fiber that help our digestive system work properly
- MyPlate recommends we eat at least 6 oz. of grain per day
- Whole grain foods help us lower our risk of cancer, heart disease and diabetes